Tax My Wealth
I’ve signed this letter asking the Government to tax my wealth because:-
– A wealth tax starting at just 2 percent annually for those with more than $5 million, 3 percent for those with over $50 million, and rising to 5 percent annually for billionaires could generate $2.52 trillion a year. In the UK the estimated revenue potential is £43.71 billion a year, enough to:
· Pay for the Health and Social Care Levy twice over every year – eliminating the need to raise National Insurance on working people
· Cover the salaries of an additional 50,000 new nurses.
· Pay for the permanent increase of Universal Credit
· Build 35,000 affordable houses and retrofit our nation’s draughtiest homes to reduce the cost of energy bills and help fight climate change.
Globally, $2.52 trillion could lift 2.3 billion people out of poverty; make enough vaccines for the world and deliver universal healthcare and social protection for all the citizens of low- and lower- middle-income countries (3.6 billion people).
See full article on The Guardian’s website here